Sunday, March 21, 2010

Job Hunting

           Finding a job today is not going to happen. You drive around and pick up job applications from everywhere. You look on the Internet find one go get and ask, "Are you hiring?" The girl behind the counter says, "We're excepting applications." Then you say, "I was just online and it said you are hiring." Then she says, "I don't know anything about it." Then you get really mad.

           As an ex manager I use to thank people were lazy and didn't want to take the time to come in and ask for an application. But now I know. They don't want to waste gas they don't have to drive to the store.

           In my own job search I have fond out owners are not as kind as they once were. My last boss thought I should get down on my hands and knees and thank him for the three hours I got a day for three days a week. I have two kids to take care of. I need more hours then that.

No comments: